CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE
CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE – Cauliflower or cabbage flower has a similar shape like broccoli. Cauliflower is a great source of vitamins and minerals such as; Vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, vitamin B-6, Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), and vitamin e but cauliflower also contains substances of anti nutrients, i.e. “bloated plant”, to excess consumption is not recommended. One of the menus that can be prepared with cauliflower is cauliflower soup.
- 300 grams cauliflower
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 150 grams carrots
- 700 ml water to boil
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 200 grams chicken breast meat
- Cut cauliflower per bud, then wash under running water so that there is no dirt lefts. Drain and set aside. Peel carrot, set aside. Peel onions and then slice round-shaped, set aside. Peel garlic and then chop it, then set aside.
- Boil water over high heat, then boil the chicken until cooked and tender. Lift and drain. After rather cold, the meat is cut into small dice, set aside.
- Heat the oil over medium heat, then stir-fried onions and garlic until fragrant, wilted, and then it turns golden in color. Stir in carrots and chicken pieces. Keep stirring until the vegetables somewhat wilted. Pour 100 ml chicken broth, curry powder, salt and pepper. Stir. Cook until boiling. Lift and pour the broth into boiling curry stew chicken broth while stirring.
- Add a piece of cauliflower. Continue cooking until half cooked. And then close the pan and low the heat. Continue cooking about 10 minutes. Lift and serve immediately.
* In order to make the soup broth not fatty, when boiling chicken don’t forget to scoop foam that appears. This foam is lightly browned and the fat will freeze once cool. Or after fat foam coming out, filter broth 2-3 times until clear.
* You can also use the flesh of the snapper, gindara or marlin to make soup stock.
* Add cabbage leaves slices for stuffing. In order to give more color, you can add broccoli put in stir fry about 5 minutes before it is made.
- Serves: 4 servings • cooking Preparation: • 15 minutes • Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Calories: 102.5 kal • Protein: 11.8 g • Fat: 1.6 gr • Carbohydrates: 9.9 gr